Baked Broccoli Egg Cups
(recipe courtesy of Anne Dwyer, Heath & Harmony)
1 1/2 tsps Coconut Oil
2 cups Broccoli (cut into florets)
2 tbsps Unsweetened Almond Milk
Sea Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/3 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled (optional)
Sprinkle of nutmeg (or any other spices you choose)
1. Preheat oven to 350F (177C). Grease ramekins (or individual heavy-bottomed skillets) with coconut oil and set aside.
2. Bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli florets and cook until bright green (about 5 mins). Transfer cooked broccoli to a cutting board, dry with a paper towel and chop finely.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg (or any other spices you like). Next, stir in broccoli and feta cheese (if using). Mix well.
4. Place prepared ramekins (or individual skillets) on a baking sheet. Pour broccoli and egg mixture into ramekins, dividing evenly. Be sure to leave some space at the top as the eggs will rise as they bake.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Enjoy them while they are hot! If you aren’t eating them right away, let cool and store, covered, in the fridge.
*** with over 16 grams of protein per serving (and under 2 grams of sugar), these are ideal for grab-n-go nutrition for breakfast, pre or post-workout fuel, after school snack, or “anytime” snack! ***