1 can black beans
1 yellow onion diced
3 garlic cloves minced
1/2 cup quinoa
3/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
2-3 Tbs cilantro
2 Tbs Olive oil
3-4 Tbs avocado oil
Sliced cheddar/Gouda or cheese of choice (optional)
Kosher salt and pepper
1. Line a small sheet pan or Tupperware with parchment paper.
2. Heat olive oil over low/medium heat in a large skillet. Add onions, garlic and cumin until soft.
3. Drain and rinse black beans and add to onions with quinoa, paprika, 1 tsp kosher salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Stir for a few minutes until well heated.
4. Add in cilantro and use a potato masher to mash well but leaving a bit of texture.
5. Divide mixture and form 4 patties. Place on parchment paper and refrigerate for a few hours (or overnight).
6. When ready to cook, lightly dust each side of burger with flour. Heat 3-4 Tbs avocado oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
7. Fry each burger for about 3 minutes a side until blackened and crispy.
8. If adding cheese, add in the last minute of cooking (to make extra melty, cover pan with lid).
9. Toast brioche buns and add burgers with all your fav toppings!