1/4 cup chopped dried Mission figs
1/4 cup port wine
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 cup bulgur wheat
2 cups HALE Bone Broth
1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Soak figs in port wine for 20-30 minutes, drain and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan and add onion. Saute until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
3. Add bulgur and stir, increasing heat, until all grains are lightly toasted.
4. Add HALE Bone Broth, salt & pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
5. Transfer bulgur mixture to a large bowl. Let cool and then stir in figs, walnuts, pomegranate seeds, thyme, parsley, lemon juice and adjust seasonings with additional salt and pepper if needed.
6. Serve warm or room temperature.