4 boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 Tbs soy sauce OR coconut aminos (soy-free)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon local sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
6 slices whole grain or gluten-free bread, toasted
1 organic tomato, sliced
8 romaine lettuce leaves, washed
8 slices organic turkey bacon, cooked according to instructions
1/2 cup avocado mayo (we love Primal Kitchen brand)
1. Combine all marinade ingredients in freezer-size zip lock baggie. Add chicken breasts and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning frequently. After 24 hours, remove from baggie and pat dry. Grill or roast chicken until opaque throughout and thinly slice.
2. Meanwhile, toast all 6 slices of bread. Set aside.
3. To assemble sandwiches, spread avocado mayo on one slice of bread, top with lettuce and turkey bacon. Place another slice of bread on top and spread with mayo. Top with sliced tomato and sliced chicken, top with 3rd slice of bread. Cut into triangles.
4. Repeat with remaining ingredients (you will have chicken left over) until you have 2 full sandwiches, cut into a total of 8 triangles.
5. Serve immediately. Use extra chicken to top salads, fold into risotto or literally just eat cold, right out of the fridge.
Leave A Comment