1 1/2 cups slivered almonds, toasted
9 ounces good dark chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 Tablespoons crystalized ginger, finely chopped
1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
2. In a glass bowl, heat two-thirds of the chocolate in a microwave oven at high power in 30-second intervals until melted, stirring as you go.
3. Add the remaining chopped chocolate and stir until completely melted and smooth.
4. Stir in almonds, cranberries and ginger until all ingredients are evenly coated.
5. Scrape the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it into a 12×8 inch rectangle. Spread pepitas evenly over the top of the chocolate mixture.
6. Refrigerate for 10 minutes, or until firm enough to cut into squares. Serve cold (or room temperature) and store remaining chocolate in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.