1 pound small red potatoes, halved
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon local sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup bell peppers, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup scallions, chopped
2 Tbs. parsley, finely chopped
1 cup fresh corn, cut off the cob
3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbs Dijon mustard
3 Tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon local honey
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
1. In a blender on medium speed, combine mustard, lemon juice, honey, garlic and thyme. With motor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil until completely combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl add potatoes and 3/4 of the prepared dressing. Toss to coat. Reserve remaining dressing.
3. Spread potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast in the oven for 35 minutes, until golden and easily pierced with a fork. Remove potatoes from oven, let cool 5 minutes, then return to the large bowl.
4. Add reserved dressing to warm potatoes and toss to coat.
5. Add peppers, corn, scallions and parsley and toss gently to combine.
6. Place prepared potato salad in a serving bowl and serve immediately.
– Cheese lovers: add finely grated cheddar on top.
– For a brunch or breakfast twist: add fried eggs and bacon.
– If you do not have fresh corn, frozen corn will work – simply thaw prior to adding.