2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups arugula, stemmed and washed
1/2 cup basil, stemmed, leaves packed tightly
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
16oz thin spaghetti
1 cup organic cherry tomatoes, roasted in the oven with salt and pepper
1/4 cup fresh basil, leaves torn
1. Bring a large pot filled with salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook, according to package directions. Drain pasta, return to pot and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, add garlic, arugula, basil and salt to a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse to combine ingredients and finely chop the arugula.
3. Set food processor to “on” and, while the machine is running, drizzle in lemon juice then slowly add in olive oil (pause halfway to scrape down the sides, if needed).
4. Add the Parmesan cheese and pulse to combine until a smooth consistency is reached (you may need to add a little extra olive oil).
5. Add pesto to prepared pasta and toss to combine. Divide equally among 4 bowls and top with roasted tomatoes and fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Leave A Comment