1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup shallots, finely minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jar of preserved sliced porcini mushrooms in oil, drained
1/2 cup brandy
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup creme fraiche
1 Tablespoon rosemary, chopped
1/4 cup chives, chopped
black pepper and sea salt to taste
2 cups cremini mushrooms, washed and sliced
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a large skillet, add olive oil, shallots and garlic and saute over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until vegetables are slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
2. Add sliced cremini mushrooms and reserved porcini mushrooms to the skillet and cook until mushrooms soften and begin to brown, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add brandy and scrape up any browned bits from the sides and bottom of the skillet.
4. Add stock and creme fraiche and simmer over moderate heat until mixture begins to thicken, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in rosemary, chives, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
– this silky cream sauce is the perfect way to “dress up” your Thanksgiving leftovers. Pour it over turkey and stuffing and serve alongside cranberry sauce to add a bright pop of flavor. Ralphs Hingham Wine Merchant has a large selection of red wines under $20 that will pair perfectly with this complete post-thanksgiving meal.
Leave A Comment