1 cup whole grain quinoa, rinsed
1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
1 cup strawberries, washed and thinly sliced
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
2 Tbs. chopped parsley
2 scallions, finely chopped
2 Tbs. crumbled goat cheese (optional)
Ingredients for dressing:
7 fresh strawberries
2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon local sea salt
1/4 ground black pepper
1 Tbs. agave nectar (or pure maple syrup)
1. Combine all dressing ingredients in a small, deep mixing bowl. Using a handheld immersion blender, blend until smooth (if you do not have an immersion blender, you can use a small blender or food processor). Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, add quinoa and vegetable stock to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce to low and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 10-12 minutes. Transfer quinoa to a serving bowl.
3. Add strawberries and almonds to the bowl and pour dressing over the quinoa salad mixture. Toss to combine, coating all ingredients.
4. Top with scallions, parsley and goat cheese (if using).
5. Serve immediately.
– Store leftovers in airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
– Pairs well with grilled chicken or fish.
– Top with avocado for extra creaminess.
– For additional plant protein, add canned, rinsed chickpeas.