– 1 baguette, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
– 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil (plus extra for baguette slices)
– 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
– 2 red bell peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
– 3 Tbs. grated asiago cheese
– 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
– 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
– 4 oz. goat cheese
1. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush lightly on both sides with olive oil.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine garlic, red peppers, asiago cheese, 3 Tbs. of cilantro and lemon juice and pulse until a coarse puree forms. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in 2 tsp. olive oil and process until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper.
3. Preheat an oven to 350°F.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon of the goat cheese on top of each prepared crostini and bake until the cheese is slightly soft and the crostini are warm, about 5 minutes.
5. Transfer crostini to a platter and top each with about 1 Tbs. of the red pepper pesto. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 Tbs. cilantro and serve immediately.
– adapted from the Williams Sonoma, Inc Test Kitchen (photo credit: Williams Sonoma Home)