CK Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Courtney Doyle, Clandestine Kitchen
4 Tbs. coconut aminos
2 Tbs. rice vinegar
2 Tbs. sesame oil
1 Tbs. freshly squeezed lime juice
1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbs. fresh ginger, minced
1/2 chipotle hot sauce (we prefer Siete Foods brand)
1 lb. ground organic chicken OR prepared shredded organic chicken
Organic bibb lettuce leaves, washed and separated
1 carrot, shredded or grated
1 Tbs. cilantro, roughly chopped
1 Tbs. fresh basil, chiffonade
1. Combine coconut aminos, rice vinegar, sesame oil and lime juice. Set aside.
2. In a wok or large sauté pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil until shimmering. Add scallions, garlic and ginger and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add ground or prepared shredded chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
3. Add half of the reserved sauce mixture to chicken and stir to combine, cooking about 2 minutes more.
4. Arrange lettuce leaves on large platter and spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into each “lettuce wrap”.
5. Top with shredded carrot, cilantro and basil.
6. Serve with remaining sauce on the side for drizzling.