3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup chopped walnuts (plus 2 Tablespoons for topping)
2 cups diced banana
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Do NOT use a mixer. Combine flour, sugar, slat, baking soda, and ground cinnamon. Add eggs and oil, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, pineapple, nuts and bananas.
2. Pour into 3 9-inch greased, floured pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done. Remove from oven and cool completely.
3. To make cream cheese frosting: combine cream cheese and butter. Cream until smooth. Add confectioners sugar beating until frosting is light and fluffy. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
4. Frost cooled cake in layers, stacking all 3 cake layers and frosting in between. Frost entire outside of cake with remaining frosting and top with chopped walnuts.