This is our CK twist on Food & Wine Magazine’s original recipe published in September 2017. The creaminess of our CK Tahini Lime Vinaigrette is the perfect dressing for these roasted vegetables.
4 large Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
3 fennel bulbs, trimmed and sliced 1/2 thick lengthwise, fronds reserved
1/3 cup olive oil (plus 4 Tablespoon for vegetables)
2 limes, juiced
2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, loosely packed
1/4 cup parsley leaves, loosely packed
2 Tablespoons tahini
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
1 teaspoon agave
salt and pepper to taste
Tarragon leaves, for garnish
1. Add olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, cilantro, parsley, tahini, cumin, garlic, and agave to a blender. Blend all ingredients together, adding 1 tablespoon of warm water at a time to loosen if too thick. Set aside.
2. Heat a griddle or cast iron skillet. Brush tomatoes and fennel with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Working in batches, cook tomatoes cut side down until lightly charred, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a platter, charred side up.
4. Working in batches, cook the fennel, turning once, until just tender and lightly charred, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer to platter with tomatoes.
5. Drizzle the tahini lime vinaigrette over vegetables and garnish with fennel fronds and tarragon. Serve immediately.
Leave A Comment