1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for garnishing)
2 15-oz cans white beans (Great Northern or cannelloni beans), drained & rinsed
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced (reserving about 1/8 teaspoon for garnish)
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
1/2 teaspoon sage, minced
1/4 teaspoon local sea salt
1-2 Tbs warm water, as needed
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil until shimmering. Add the garlic, rosemary, sage and white beans and heat until garlic begins to soften and beans are heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
2. Add bean & herb mixture to a food processor fitted with a metal blade, add salt, lemon juice and parsley.
3. Process to a smooth puree, adding water as needed to reach desired consistency.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with a drizzle of olive oil and remaining rosemary.
5. Serve with pita chips, warm bread or vegetables for dipping.
Leave A Comment