1 cup organic gluten-free oats
1 Tbs. chia seeds
1 teaspoon really good, pure vanilla
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon local sea salt
1/2 cup coconut yogurt, plain
1 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
1/2 cup frozen organic wild berries
1/2 cup fresh berries, for garnish
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine oats, chia seeds, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt, yogurt and coconut milk. Add a little more coconut milk if mixture is too thick (should be “soupy” but, not runny).
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, add frozen berries and cover, stirring often, and simmer until berries have started to break down, about 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
3. Fold berries into oat mixture and combine until berries are thoroughly mixed in and you have a pinkish-purple color to the oats.
4. Spoon into individual 8oz mason jars until 3/4 full and top with fresh berries.
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or up to 3 days.
– Oats can be heated or enjoyed cold.
– Best results if you can refrigerated for a full 8 hours before enjoying.
– If you do not have really good vanilla (aka: Madagascar), simply omit from recipe and substitute by using vanilla coconut yogurt.