1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
coarse sea salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 Tbs. local honey or agave nectar
1/4 cup crushed peanuts
1. Place mini-muffin liners in a mini-muffin tin.
2. In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, maple syrup (or agave syrup) and sea salt. Stir to blend together until smooth.
3. Place 1 Tbs. of the peanut butter mixture into the bottom of each prepared muffin liner. Freeze for an hour to harden and set.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, cocoa powder, honey and vanilla until smooth. Pour 1 teaspoon of chocolate on top of each peanut butter cup and sprinkle with crushed peanuts.
5. Return muffin tin to the freezer and freeze for an additional 30 minutes prior to enjoying.
– Peanut Butter Cups will keep for up to 2-3 weeks in an airtight container if stored in the freezer.
– For vegan, you can substitute agave nectar for the honey.