• 2 large cucumbers, cut into chunks, if you can use seedless or de-seed (the seeds make it a little bitter if not)
• 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt- I love Forager– plain Cashew milk Yogurt too – non dairy.
• 1 avocado, pitted
• 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
• juice of 1/2 a lemon
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 2 scallions, chopped
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
• 10-12 large basil leaves
• 1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed
• 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or evoo), plus extra for drizzling
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• Duxbury salt and pepper to taste
• thinned out Greek yogurt with a splash of water.
1. Combine cucumbers, Greek yogurt, avocado, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, scallions, dill, basil, jalapeño, oil, and apple cider vinegar in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and blend again to combine. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.We love to top with thinly sliced cucumber, chopped fresh dill, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a drizzle of a local hot sauce like Burke’s Habanero and add a few Fresno peppers or jalapeños.