4 each 6 ounce pieces halibut
4 each sprigs fresh thyme
½ cup peeled, sliced carrots
1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp chopped mint
2 Tbsp EVOO
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
10 each fingerling potatoes, roasted and sliced
½ cup sliced roasted carrots
¼ cup fava beans
1. Preheat sous vide water circulator to 118 degrees F.
2. Place the halibut on a pan and season with kosher salt. Place halibut in resealable gallon bag
and add the thyme sprigs. Seal the bag and immerse the bag in circulator water bath and cook
for 30 minutes.
3. Combine sliced, raw carrots and ginger in saucepan with 1 cup water. Cook over medium-low
heat until carrots are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a blender, and while still
hot, puree until very smooth.
4. With the blender still running, add the butter until completely smooth. Transfer to a saucepan
and keep warm until ready to serve.
5. Combine the parsley, cilantro and mint in a small bowl and dress with the lemon juice and
6. Turn the broiler on high. Carefully remove the halibut from the bag and pat it dry with a paper
towel. Place on a sheet tray and broil until lightly browned.
7. Spoon sauce into bowl, spoon carrot, potato and fava mixture on top of sauce. Carefully place
fish on top and garnish with herb puree.