1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
2 yellow onions, very thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbs. smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon local sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tbs. gluten-free flour
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup unsweetened, plain canned coconut milk (we like the Whole Foods brand)
1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
1. In a large Dutch Oven, add 3 Tbs. olive oil over medium heat until shimmering.
2. Add onion and sea salt and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
3. Add garlic, smoked paprika, and black pepper and stir for 2 minutes. Add flour and remaining olive oil and cook down until mixture is coated and slightly thickened, about 2 minutes more.
4. Slowly add in broth and, once fully combined, add chicken to the sauce mixture.
5. Cover and cook over medium-low until chicken is fully cooked, about 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, stir in coconut milk and add parsley. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
7. Serve immediately with crusty bread or prepared pasta.
Leave A Comment