1.5 lbs fresh salmon (wild or we love the Wester Ross at Salty Days Fish
1/2 cup quality local maple syrup
1/3 cup tamari or soy sauce
4-5 cloves garlic
1.5″ fresh grated ginger
1T sesame seeds (optional)
Fresh scallions for topping
Steamed white rice
Veggie of choice (steamed broccoli, blistered green beans, whatever floats your boat!)
1. Whisk all ingredients (except scallions and salmon) and put into a baking dish or ziplock bag and add salmon.
2. Let marinate in refrigerator 1-2 hours (but I’ve done all day!)
3. Preheat oven to 400.
4. When ready to bake, place salmon in saucepan and pour remaining marinade on top
5. Grease a 9×13 baking dish and cook salmon for 18-20 minutes (depending on thickness).
6. When close to ready, bring sauce to a boil and simmer for a few minutes on the stove.
7. Plate salmon and drizzle the extra sauce over the salmon and sides. Top with scallions.
Leave A Comment