– 1/4 lb. FRESH diver scallops (I get mine at Salty Days Fish Co., Hingham)
– 4 T fresh squeezed orange juice
– 1 T high quality, organic soy sauce or Tamari
– 1 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
– 1 T plus 1 t light olive oil (or other milder oil – steer clear of EVOO)
– 1 T fresh cut chives
– 1/2 jalapeño, sliced – seeds removed
– 1/4 t wasabi powder
– 1 t freshly grated ginger
1. Remove the “foot” from the scallops, then slice them into rounds.
2. Meanwhile, whisk all other ingredients together and chill in the fridge for an hour.
3. Lay down a thin pool of the sauce mixture on a rimmed plate, then lay the scallops on the plate on top of sauce).
4. Use the remaining mixture to drizzle over the scallops.
5. Enjoy immediately!