4 whole wheat tortillas (we love One Mighty Mill)
8 Tbs. pizza sauce or tomato sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian cheese blend
1/4 cup fresh basil or 2 Tbs. dried basil
1 Tbs. dried oregano
20 slices sandwich pepperoni or turkey pepperoni
1. Lay tortillas out on a work surface such as a cutting board or plate. Spread 2 tablespoons pizza sauce over half of each tortilla (leaving the other half plain as you will be folding it over the top).
2. Sprinkle a thin layer cheese on top of sauce and sprinkle basil and oregano.
3. Lay 5 slices of pepperoni evenly over the top of the cheese & herbs on each tortilla and top with a second thin layer of cheese.
4. Fold tortillas in half to enclose the filling.
5. Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat and lightly coat with cooking spray.
6. Working with one quesadilla at a time, add to the skillet and cover loosely with tin foil and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove the foil and gently flip the quesadilla over, replace the foil cover, and continue to cook the other side for 1 minute longer until golden brown.
7. Remove from skillet and cut into wedges. Serve immediately with extra pizza sauce for dipping.