3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Vidalia onion, finely diced
3 ribs celery, diced
4 carrots, peeled and diced
1 red pepper, seeded and diced
4 parsnips, peeled and diced
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
12 cups of vegetable stock
2 cups light cream (for vegan, substitute plain coconut milk)
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon coriander
1 Tbs local Duxbury Saltworks sea salt
cracked black pepper
1. In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add garlic, onion, celery, carrot and red pepper and sauté for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add parsnips, sweet potatoes, yukon gold potatoes, smoked paprika, coriander and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat back down to medium and simmer until all vegetables are softened, about 30 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add salt and cracked black pepper.
5. Using a hand blender (immersion blender), puree the soup directly in the pot until smooth.
6. Add cream (or coconut milk) and stir to combine.
7. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
8. Soup should be thick and creamy. Serve immediately and add toppings such as fresh herbs, a drizzle of olive oil, toasted croutons and pumpkin seeds.
Leave A Comment