1 medium eggplant, peeled
1 red bell pepper, seeded
1 yellow pepper, seeded
1/2 red onion, peeled
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
1 Tbs tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon chipotle sauce
1 teaspoon local sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cube eggplant, peppers and onion into 1/2 inch pieces and place in a large bowl.
3. Add garlic, rosemary, olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and toss to combine.
4. Spread vegetable mixture evenly on prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Roast vegetables for 40 minutes, tossing occasionally, until soft and lightly browned.
6. Remove vegetables from oven and allow to cool slightly.
7. Transfer vegetable to a food processor, add tomato paste and chipotle sauce and pulse several times to combine.
8. Serve with toasted bread, pita chips, or as a topping for grilled chicken. Can also be tossed with pasta.