1 1/2 pounds ground organic turkey
1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 lime, juiced
2 cups romaine lettuce, washed and finely chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
8 hard, crunchy taco shells
Taco Seasoning Ingredients:
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Using a spatula, coat the bottom of the skillet with oil.
2. Add ground turkey and, using your spatula, break up the turkey into small pieces, stirring continuously until turkey is fully cooked and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Line a bowl with paper towels and drain cooked turkey, removing excess liquid.
3. Return turkey to skillet and add water and all Taco Seasoning spices. Cook together, stirring continuously, over medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
4. Turn off heat and set aside.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, combine onion, tomato, cilantro and lime juice. Stir to combine all ingredients. Add sea salt to taste.
6. To assemble tacos, fill each taco shell with 2-3 tablespoons of ground turkey, top with cheddar cheese, tomato salsa and chopped lettuce. Serve immediately.
– You can substitute dried herbs for cilantro, if you do not have fresh cilantro available (use coriander, oregano or even dried basil)
– Substitute packaged taco seasoning if you do not have spices to make your own.
– Substitute ground beef for the ground turkey for variety.
Leave A Comment