1 cup quinoa, rinsed and cooked according to package instructions
1 cup chickpeas, rinsed
1 cup lentils, cooked according to package instructions
1/4 cup raisins
1 cup spinach, washed and roughly chopped
4 medium bell peppers, seeded and halved
1 cup fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled1 Tbs. lemon juice
1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
2 Tbs. lemon juice
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine prepared quinoa, lentils, chickpeas, raisins, spinach, 1 tablespoon olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
3. In a 9×9 baking dish (or “medium sized” baking dish), place peppers so the hollow side is facing up. Fill each pepper with the quinoa filling and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
4. Add 1/2 cup water to the bottom of the dish, surrounding the peppers, and cover with aluminum foil.
5. Bake until peppers are soft and filling is cooked through, about 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 minutes more until the filling has a golden brown crust on top.
6. Remove and let cool slightly. Top with basil, feta cheese, and pine nuts and serve immediately.