– 4 6oz wild salmon filets (skin on or off, bones removes)
– 1 scallion, chopped (using both green and white parts)
– 2 TBS sesame seeds
– 2 TBS fresh cilantro, minced
– 2 TBS sesame oil
Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients:
– 1/2 cup coconut aminos (you can substitute soy sauce but it will not be as sweet)
– 1/2 cup water
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 2 TBS fresh ginger, peeled and grated
– 1 TBS freshly squeezed lime juice
– 3 TBS local honey
– 1 TBS cornstarch (optional – use as a thickener)
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Mix all marinade ingredients together and pour into a zip lock bag or tupperware with a tight-fitting lid. Add salmon filets and close. Marinate in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, prepare scallions and cilantro.
4. In a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat, add sesame oil and heat until shimmering.
5. Remove salmon filets from zip lock and add, skin-side up, to the hot pan and sear until a golden brown “crust” forms on the fish, approximately 5-6 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, while salmon is cooking, pour remaining marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a rolling boil until it reduces by half, approximately 5 minutes.
6. Turn salmon gently in the skillet and coat with reduced marinade, cooking the other side for an additional 3 minutes.
7. To finish, place salmon under the broiler for 1 minute until marinade is bubbly and the edges of the salmon are beginning to brown on top.
8. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before topping with scallions, cilantro & sesame seeds.
Leave A Comment