Vegan & Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
Lara Macintyre, Naturally Lara
-1 tsp vanilla
– 1/2 cup maple syrup
-1 tbsp coconut sugar
-1 cup coconut shreds
– 1 cup almond flour
-1 cup almonds
-sprinkle of salt
-1 chocolate bar
1. In a food processor, combine the vanilla, maple syrup, coconut sugar, coconut shreds, almond flour, almonds, and salt and pulse until it all comes together.
2. Now pour in the chocolate chips and stir it into the cookie dough, but don’t blend as you still want to have chocolate chips in your mixture.
3. Line a tray with parchment paper, or tinfoil, and press the cookie dough mixture into your tray.
4. Set your tray aside, and begin to work on melting the chocolate.
5. Over a bain marie, melt the bar of chocolate until it’s nice and smooth.
6. Once all the chocolate has melted, pour it over the cookie dough in the tray.
7. Place in the fridge to set for an hour or until the chocolate is hard.
8. Slice up and enjoy!
* A bain-marie is when you take a saucepan and fill it up halfway with water and then place a heatproof bowl over the saucepan in order to slowly melt the chocolate.
* Store in an airtight container in the fridge
Leave A Comment