1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Sweet Onion (medium, chopped)
1 Jalapeno Pepper (seeded and chopped)
1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
1 1/2 tsps Cumin
1 tbsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
3 cups Organic Chicken Broth (divided)
3 cups White Navy Beans (cooked and divided)
1 lb Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
1/2 cup Frozen Corn
1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)
1 Lime (sliced into wedges)
1. Heat oil in a large pot with a lid over medium-high heat. Add onion, jalapeno and bell
pepper and cook for about 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder
and salt and cook for another minute until fragrant.
2. While vegetables are cooking, add a third of the stock and half of the beans to a food
processor or blender and blend to puree the beans.
3. Add the remaining stock and pureed beans to the pot and stir to combine. Place the
chicken in the pot, cover with lid and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook at a gentle boil
for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked though.
4. Remove the cooked chicken thighs from the pot and carefully shred the chicken with two
forks. Return the chicken and any juices back to the pot with the remaining beans, frozen
corn kernels and cilantro. Stir to combine and season with additional salt if needed.
Allow soup to cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Divide the chili into bowls and serve with a lime wedge. Enjoy!
– Top with corn chips, sour cream and/or shredded cheese.
– No chicken thighs? Use chicken breasts instead.
– Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze it for later.
– For vegetarian, omit the chicken and use extra beans.
Leave A Comment