1 1/2 pounds fresh halibut or cod
1 cup organic cherry tomatoes, halved
3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup white wine
3 Tbs. vegetable broth
1 bunch lacinato kale, stems removed and finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 Tbs. fresh thyme, leaves picked and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Pat fish with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cumin.
3. In an oven-proof large pan or deep skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add fish and cook until lightly golden brown on one side, about 3-4 minutes. Gently flip fish over, add cherry tomatoes and bake in oven for 6-7 minutes longer. Fish should be flaky and opaque (if you fish is thick, it may require extra time in the oven).
4. Carefully removing pan from oven, return to stovetop. Transfer fish to a serving platter and loosely cover with tin foil to keep warm.
5. Over medium-high heat, add kale and fennel seeds to the lightly roasted tomatoes and sauté for 3 minutes.
6. Remove vegetables from pan and place around the fish on the serving platter.
7. Add white wine, lemon juice, vegetable broth, and red pepper flakes to pan and boil sauce until it reduces to 1/4 cup, about 5-6 minutes, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom.
8. Drizzle sauce over fish and vegetables and top with fresh thyme.
9. Serve immediately.