Smaller gatherings closer to home offers a unique opportunity to introduce new recipes to your Thanksgiving holiday table. Healthy, nutritious (and delicious) twists on traditional Turkey Day fare can be a fun way to incorporate a little more “feel good food” together with the heavier holiday classics.
Our CK Recipe Box holds a host of our favorite holiday recipes, easy weeknight dinner recipes, our favorite desserts, side dishes, quick light lunch options, special kid-friendly recipes and more (CK Clean & Spicy Margaritas, anyone?). You can choose to subscribe monthly (6.99/mo) or grab special savings and join us for the entire year. We are adding new exclusive CK recipes every week and we love knowing our community is being nourished by a little “soul food” during these uncertain times.
Here, we are sharing our favorite twist on classic Thanksgiving stuffing featuring fiber-rich bulgur wheat, mineral-rich, locally made grass-fed HALE Bone Broth, fresh herbs, Mission figs, and the bright POP of pomegranate seeds. From our CK kitchen, to yours, we wish you a very happy, and healthy, Thanksgiving holiday.
CK Bulgur Wheat Stuffing
1/4 cup chopped dried Mission figs
1/4 cup port wine
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 cup bulgur wheat
2 cups HALE Bone Broth
1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Soak figs in port wine for 20-30 minutes, drain and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan and add onion. Saute until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
3. Add bulgur and stir, increasing heat, until all grains are lightly toasted.
4. Add HALE Bone Broth, salt & pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
5. Transfer bulgur mixture to a large bowl. Let cool and then stir in figs, walnuts, pomegranate seeds, thyme, parsley, lemon juice and adjust seasonings with additional salt and pepper if needed.
6. Serve warm or room temperature.
CK Roast Turkey Breast with Herbed Yogurt Sauce
One 4-5 pound organic turkey breast
1 lemon, juiced and zested
2 Tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
2 Tablespoons capers, chopped
1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
1 teaspoon marjoram, chopped
1 teaspoon sage, chopped
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Set the turkey breast in a small roasting pan. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the chopped thyme. Rub citrus oil over entire outside of turkey breast. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Cover the pan with foil and roast for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and baste the turkey breast. Increase oven to 450 degrees and continue to roast, basting every 10-15 minutes, until juices run clear, about 20 minutes longer (a general guide is to roast a turkey breast for 22-25 minutes per pound so, if using a 5 pound turkey breast, you will roast for approximately an hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Since this oven is at a hotter temperature, turkey breast may be done sooner). Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and add the minced garlic. Cook over low heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the parsley, capers, lemon zest, remaining lemon juice, rosemary, marjoram, remaining chopped thyme and cook, stirring continuously for 1 minute.
4. Remove skillet from heat and stir in the Greek yogurt. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Carve the turkey breast and serve with the herbed yogurt sauce.
Leave A Comment