Just as getting a jump start on laundry, workouts, and work deadlines makes us feel more prepared and relaxed, planning a little Sunday meal prep can do this for your health and nutrition. No need to break out the recipe books for this one – just head to the market, set aside 60 minutes and have simple stir fry veggies ready to incorporate into quick & nutritious meals all week long (in under an hour!).
Choose your favorite organic veggies from your local Farmer’s Market or grocery store (peppers, broccoli, squash, red onion, etc), wash, chop and throw in a stir fry wok or large sauté pan.
Add a little avocado or sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos (awesome flavor with zero soy), 2 tablespoons water, black pepper, and a dash of cumin.
Sauté until crisp-tender (do not overcook) and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, in a 425 degree oven, roast whole sweet potatoes until completely soft throughout (approx 30-40 minutes).
To prep your potatoes, simply scrub the skin with a clean sponge damp paper towel, rub with a little avocado oil and place (whole, skin on) on a prepared baking sheet. Tip: using parchment paper prevents sticking and makes for easy clean up).
While your veggies sauté and your potatoes roast, prepare a few cups of organic golden quinoa (remember our CK hack for perfect quinoa: 1 cup quinoa to 1 1/2 cups veggie stock or water!) in a large saucepan. Combine quinoa and stock/water, bring to a light boil then reduce heat to low and cover for approximately 7-8 minutes.
In about an hour, you will have a big bowl full of fresh, sautéed veggies, whole roasted sweet potatoes, golden fluffy quinoa and you will be ready to put together simple, healthy meals all week long. Here are a few recipe suggestions using your prepared ingredients:
– Quinoa + Veggie Bowls (combine cooked quinoa, sauteed veggies and add toasted almonds and balsamic glaze)
– Veggie Topped Roasted Sweet Potato (just add a little mashed avocado on top 🥑)
– Veggie & Feta Flatbread: top a gluten free tortilla (add a little tomato sauce and crumbled goat or feta cheese and pop in a 350 degree oven for about 7-10 mins until tortilla is crisp and edges are brown)
– Sweet Potato + Black Bean Tacos (top warm corn tortillas with mashed sweet potato, black beans, sauteed veggies, fire roasted corn and your favorite hot sauce (we love the Tessemae Buffalo Sauce and Sriracha)
– Italian Quinoa Bowl (place prepared quinoa in a bowl and top with your fav tomato sauce, fresh basil, fresh buffalo mozzarella (if vegan, replace mozzarella with vegan cheese options) and prepared veggies)
We will help fill your fridge with healthy and delicious prepared CK meals that will introduce you to new flavor combinations and clean ingredients (next 6-week home meal delivery session begins 10/21/19)…you will supplement your CK meals with quick healthy dishes you create. Together, we will make sure you entire week has you feeling your very best.
Being prepared means you won’t need to rely on the takeout menu or skip meals altogether (goldfish crackers and fruit snacks do not count as a ‘meal’). We cant drive your kids to soccer practice or help you with your powerpoint presentation, but we can give you a few tips and tricks so you don’t forget to fuel your body while you conquer the family google calendar and close big deals (while folding endless laundry, and emptying the dishwasher 700 times a day (oh, is that just me??)).
Leave A Comment