There is nothing better than grabbing your friends and heading out for Sunday brunch – our local favs include Galley, Crows Landing, Trident and the Rivershed.
But, with temperatures dropping and the idea of staying warm and cozy sounding better and better, why not invite your besties over for brunch at home?
Our CK Spinach Frittata is the perfect healthy and hearty dish to whip up in a hurry (pairs great with a mimosa, too!).
What you will need:
6 large cage-free eggs
1/2 cup plain, unsweetened coconut milk
1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 small yellow onion, sliced
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
1/2 cup small cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cups fresh organic baby spinach
1/4 cup scallions, sliced (white & green parts)
1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven on broil (high).
2.Whisk eggs, coconut milk, fresh herbs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. In a 10-inch cast iron skillet (or oven-proof skillet) set on medium heat, warm the oil until shimmering. Add the onion and garlic and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, until softened (do not let the garlic brown).
4. Add tomatoes and spinach and toss for an additional 3 to 5 minutes until spinach is gently wilted.
5. Arrange vegetables even in a single layer across the bottom of the skillet. Pour egg mixture on top and sprinkle with green onion and red pepper flakes.
6. Cook until nearly set (edges firm but middle still slightly liquid in the center). Approximately 5-7 minutes.
7. Transfer skillet to oven and broil until middle is completely set and too is golden brown. You will need to watch this closely so the top doesn’t cook to quickly and burn. Approximately 3-4 minutes.
8. Remove from oven using an oven mit (hot!) and either slice and serve directly into individual plates – or lift frittata onto serving plate and cut into wedges.
9. Serve with hot sauce, additional Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and black pepper or top with our CK Grilled Guacamole.